Monday, November 15, 2010

NEON TREES

Ok so these are some concert photos taken by our very own J at the 30 Seconds to Mars/Neon Trees concert at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre on September 22nd, 2010. We'll post the 30 Seconds to Mars ones soon but for now let's focus on Neon Trees. I have to admit I'd heard their hit single "Animal" on the radio before (and loved it!) but I had never really looked into this band until after this concert. They were awesome! Tyler Glenn (the band's singer) was hilarious and really engaged the audience!

Short bio: Neon Trees formed in Utah in 2005 by Tyler Glenn and his neighbour Chris Allen (guitar). Branden Campbell (bass and vocals) and Elaine Bradley (drums) joined the band shortly after. David Charles is responsible for keyboard and guitar on tour. The band was well-known in Utah but they didn't get their big break until 2008, when they were chosen to open for The Killers on their North American tour that year. Shortly after, Neon Trees was signed by Mercury Records and they just released their first full-length album, Habits, this year.

Band name: Apparently, they chose the name Neon Trees because of the trees outside of a restaurant that Tyler's father had decorated.

Our Favourite Songs: E's-Girls and Boys in School; J's-Calling My Name

Now for the pics...




Personally I love the mohawk and pleather pants...but that's just me...



We don't have all that many pictures because, well, honestly, we were too busy enjoying ourselves at the show! Remember to vote for Neon Trees (or 30 Seconds to Mars) on fuse!

I just want to say, this concert made me fall just slightly in love with Neon Trees (and Tyler Glenn *insert blushing face*). Check out their music on iTunes (because we all get our music legally, right?). You can also follow Neon Trees on Twitter. They post pretty frequently too!

I hope we just introduced you to a band you can't stop listening to. I know I can't ;) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment